Sunday early morning my flight touched my homeland. I was psyched for so many reasons, jet lag was not one of them. Monday, I went to see my doctor ( the surgeon who was going to drill tiny holes on my head and plant those hair follicles, also known as hair transplant surgeon), I had a 2 pm appointment, the consultation fee was 500 rs. I was called in side the chamber after waiting for 1 hr. It was not a long conversations, although I was trying to get the best hair transplant.
What do you need to know if you want best hair transplant ?
- I knew my budget
- of course, I knew the price ( he charged me 82 rs per follicle, please note follicle might contain 1 to 3 hairs)
- And I was going to get 4000 follicles, that is the most count surgeon could do in one day
- He suggested to implant follicles in front of the head and leaving the crown area.
- PEr him the top of the head including crown area contains 40000 follicles, I have like 10000 left, so he wanted to cover the front first
- He asked me what I use and for how long, I told my Rogaine and finasteride usage history
- We scheduled my surgery date on Tuesday, that was the next day 22 November 2016.
- We had to give them a check of 30000 rs to book the process
And that was not all, it continued –
- We were charged additional 200rs for a shampoo and a hair band. And I was supposed to wash my hair with the shampoo that night and next day morning. That was the most expensive shampoo I have ever used in my life. Darn, now I remember they kept the used bottle also, I will give you the detail in next post.
- Almost forgot to mention, doc prescribed me few blood test. So my blood was drawn on same day. Blood work report was given to me same night. It costed me 1500 rs. But pls note, most of the recommended blood works were already done as part of my yearly check up.
- The receptionist called a person to draw the blood, who came in 10 mins. He was awesome , apart from the fact. He wanted 1600 rs for the prescribed tests, my dad negotiated and settled for 1500 rs.
Here are 2 pictures of the area, I was going to get transplant on. And all I wanted was the best hair transplant
Disclaimer – I am not trying to a doctor, neither am I trying to tell you what to do. I am suffering from hair loss, and I know there are people out there who do not like to see when they see thinning hair. That is why I am trying to capture my journey / experience and just trying to share, if anybody finds it helpful that would help me some good karma. And I am being 100% honest here, If you are a genuine person and have any serious question, I would love to answer you ( provided I have something to say on that). If you find my work helpful ( my english might not be very good) please feel free to make a donation, any amount helps.